Skip to main content

Four Poems - Olexia Hart



Gentle Hands

Every day I come here its the exact same thing
Hands over me and I wish...
Hands under me and I wish...

In/out, out/in of me and I wish...
They were other hands
More gentle hands
Limbs of an untainted love



Trees

How do I say this?
Without sounding like a B
I dont give a fuck about trees
Unless you can put it to your lips
and set its ass on fire
I recycle



The Long Drunk Fuck

Hes drunk; youre not
Wanna scream hurry the fuck up
But you dont say shit
Staring at the back of the couch
Negative eye roll in your head
Sloppy slip-outs
Breath!
The ok, ok Im almost finished disclaimer
You sarcastically begin to back it up
oh ah oh ah daddy...
Just so hell hurry the hell up



Handprints

Your hands are all over me
Melting, splicing, molding into my forever
Swab test all wired and screwed up
Trying to imitate
The funky web assigned to you






Olexia Hart graduated from Howard University.  She is currently working on her first poetry collection.

Popular posts from this blog

A Broken Head(set) - Jesus Rivera

This past summer was like all other suburban summers: short and hot. Short enough so that it came and went and, having not overstayed its welcome, would be welcomed again. Hot enough that little kids cracked eggs on their asphalt driveways, scrambled for a round of hide and go seek, and before the tiny seeker could finish counting to ten and move her hands from her eyes, the yolks were very well done. On both sides.

Three Poems - Scott Laudati

my first night back we were far apart once but you can hear my heart now in this chest, and your hair used to itch my skin if you didn’t tuck it back but you’ll never hear about it again

Dry Counties et al - Carter Vance

Dry Counties When everything slips your mind past grace notes of 50 th paralells, way up over the Bloor Street splendor of gutter punk mystics dancing shoe cymbal jigs for silvery leather of policeman’s caps; how shiny with self-serious contradiction are they in atoned posture for dead